Everest three high pass trek
Everest three high pass treks is one of the most adventurous, challenging and astonishing high pass trek into khumbu region of Nepal. This fascinating t
Everest three high pass treks is one of the most adventurous, challenging and astonishing high pass trek into khumbu region of Nepal. This fascinating trek is famous for its classic mountain view, entire wilderness of natural and cultural beauty and the beautiful Sherpa villages we pass by. This trail offers a wonderful opportunity for trekkers to experience the demanding high passes of the Everest region, namely Renjo La (5,360m), Cho-la (5,420m) and Kongma La (5,535m) en route to the base camp of the world’s highest peak Mt. Everest (8,848m/29,021ft). Beside Himalayas view including Mt Everest this fascinating trek let you explore the massive range of Himalayas from the high passes and exotic land topography throughout the trek.
Everest three high pass trek starts with a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and then trekking the rough trekking trail all the way up above 5000m. All along this part of the trail, its friendly Sherpa people, picturesque villages great variety of culture and traditions, colorful festivals and monasteries. We ascend all the way to Lungden for Renjo-La pass (5360m). This fascinating trekking destination at the height of Everest region will bless you with adventure, excitement and fun. Commencing this trek will amuse you with cultural experience of the highlanders and the exploration of Everest region and its fantasy.
Destination: Everest three high pass trek
Activities: Trekking and Hiking
Trip Duration: 20 days
Trip Grade: Easy
Altitude Max: 5554m
Accommodation: star rated hotel in Kathmandu and tea house accommodation throughout the trek
Meals: Bb in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek
Transportation: We will be escorted in private car or van and served by aeroplane.
Group Size: Min 2 people; Max 12 people
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300 m/4264 ft).
- Upon your arrival we assist you from international airport to our hotel. We the representative from Actual Adventure we then escort you to our office. Explore around at evening and enjoy the welcome programs at hotel. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation.
- Today we offer you a full day sightseeing around some of the most famous and heritage sites near to Kathmandu valley. Some of these landmarks are considered World Heritage Sites; including the historic Durbar Square, the sacred Hindu temple of Pashupati Nath, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambhunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) which is one of the large Stupas in the world. Prepare for the trek and enjoy our delicious dinner at hotel. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 03: Kathmandu - Lukla [2840 m/9320] - Phakding [2,652m/8,700ft]: 40 minutes flight, 3 - 4 hrs trek (Trekking times only)
- Today early in the morning we assist you to airport from where we fly a scenic flight to Lukla (2,800m/9,186ft), a gateway destination from where our trek begins. Lukla the most dangerous airstrip of Nepal is one beautiful place to visit. After we land our representative will escort your accessories and then we began our trek all the way to Phakding. We start our trek through the prosperous village of Lukla until we reach Phakding. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 04: Phakding - Namche Bazaar [3440 m/11,280 ft]: 5 - 6 hrs trek
- Today we trek from Phakding al the way to the gate way town to Everest region. Namche Bazaar one of the most famous name at khumbu region is the trade center of Everest region. The walk today is pleasant with few short uphill and downhill with multiple crossings over Dudh Koshi River and magnificent view of Mt. Thamserku (6,608m/21,675ft) from the Benkar village. We cross more bridges and reach entrance of Sagarmatha National Park at Monjo, where our trekking permits are checked in order to keep record of trekkers and local trekking staffs as well. Passing through scenic natural surrounded and colored Sherpa villages we trek all the way to Namche Bazaar. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 05: Namche Bazaar: Rest day
- Rest and acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar. To we offer you one of the best sightseeing places to explore around. Now, as we climb up hill towards Namche Bazzar, closer and magnificent sight of Kwangde Peak, its sister peaks, Kusum Kangaru, Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Tawache, and many other fabulous mountains will be viewed closely. Explore around the cultural and sightseeing sites around. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 06: Namche Bazaar - Tengboche [3860 m/12,660 ft]: 5 - 6 hrs
- Today after breakfast we set out towards Tengboche, enjoying superb view of Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Ama Dablam and close up view of Thamserku. Our trek follows more or less smooth trail with few ups and downs which will not bother us as the magnificent view of the Himalayas keeps our company all through the journey. The trail goes gradually down up to Kayangjuma. The path eventually reaches Sansa, which is the major trail junction to Gokyo valley and Everest Base Camp. The track then follows through the pine forests and after we cross the prayer flags festooned bridge over the Dudh Koshi River, we reach Phunki Thenga, a small settlement with a couple of teahouses and a small army post amidst the alpine woods. Tengboche is a great place for close up views of Mt Ama Dablam, Mt Nuptse, and Mt Everest, and it has the biggest Buddhist Monastery of the Khumbu region. Overnight at Lodge.
- Day 07: Tengboche - Dingboche [4360m/14,300 ft]: 5 - 6 hrs
- Today early morning enchanted scenic beauty of Tengboche takes our breath away. The mountain panorama includes ranges of Kangtega, Thamserku, Ama Dablam, Taboche, Kwangde, Tengboche, Lhotse and Nuptse. we start the day journey through the trial that follows through Imja Khola upstream. Descending rapidly from the Tengboche meadow to the river bank, the track traverses a deep forest of birch and rhododendron with magnificent views of Ama Dablam, Lhotse-Nuptse ridge. As we reach Deboche, a charming place amidst the woods. Explore the sightseeing places around and then overnight at lodge.
- Day 08: Dingboche - Chhukung [4750m/15,580 ft]: 3 - 4 hrs
- The walk is pleasant as we leave Dingboche through stone walled fields and alpine landscape. We take the trial from Dingboche through Imja Khola valley to land raven by glacier moraines amidst towering formidable mountains. We walk leisurely as our schedule for today is only 3 - 4 hours trek. While walking through the valley, Lhotse towers on our left and Ama Dablam on our right. After walking about 3 km, we reach at yak herdman's place called Bibre. Straight ahead, beyond a terminal moraine wall, soars the Island peak (Imja Tse), a most popular trekking peak. The pyramidal Imja Tse looks awesome with its step rock and-icy south face. The trail ahead is intersected by icy streams. We reach Chhukung in about half an hour from Bibre. There are glaciers and massive snowy mountains all around the place. We might choose to hike to the rocky knoll of Chhukung Ri which offers stunning views of Lhotse, Island Peak, Ama Dablam, Makalu and several others including Baruntse. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 09: Rest Day in Chhukung
- Full day rest and acclimatization at Chhukung. The view from Chhukung and further up the valleys on the moraines towards Island Peak (6189 m) are tremendous. We grasp this opportunity to climb the Chhukung Ri or climb to the base camp of Island Peak. Explore the sightseeing and religious places around. At evening enjoy delicious dinner at lodge and rest overnight.
- Day 10: Chhukung - Kongma La [5535m/18,159ft] - Lobuche [4940m/16,210ft]: 6 - 7 hrs
- Today after breakfast we trek from Chhukung crossing Kongma La pass all the way to Lobuche. We trek for 6-7hours passing dense forest and steep climbing. We really enjoy the isolation of the area and absolute nature!! We can select to go via any of the possible trails - either taking a climb over the hill northwest of Chhukung over the moraine of the Nuptse Glacier or we might walk back down the valley to Bibre and follow a high trail above the Niyang Khola. Crossing via fascinating sightseeing site and passing via various colored and cultural villages we reach to our destination. Enjoy evening dinner and rest overnight.
- Day 11: Lobuche - Gorak Shep [5170 m/16,961ft] - Everest Base Camp [5364 m/17,594 ft] - Gorak Shep: 8 - 9 hrs
- Today after early morning breakfast we start our trek trekking the rough trail of Everest region from Lobuche via Gorak shep all the Way to Everest base camp. The trekking trail is covered into snow and the scenic beauty presents is flawless. As we reach Gorak Shep, we will find snow-capped mountains looming all around us including the top of the world - Mt. Everest. After a brief lunch and rest, we take the trail to Everest Base Camp through the once vast Gorak Shep Lake. You will be offered with delighted Himalayan beauty and the clear sight of Mt Everest above. Enjoy evening dinner at the base camp and rest overnight.
- Day 12: Gorak Shep - Kala Patthar [5545 m/18,192 ft] - Lobuche [4940 m/16,207 ft]: 8 - 9 hrs
- Today we start our trek early. We climb all the way to the top of Kalapathar to visualize the first shine of the sun at mighty Everest. This view is the best and most common view at khumbu region. Kala Patthar is the best Himalayan sightseeing area of khumbu region. However, we need to get prepared for an early morning, dark and cold temperature (-10 to -14 C) departure beforehand. Further, there is always the potential for chilly winds which are quite common. This is a adventurous trekking tail flourished with huge amount of risk and beauties. We take as many pictures as we can and take the in view with our mind's eye to last lifetime. On being back to Gorak Shep, we have breakfast and wait other participants to return back. Enjoy evening dinner and rest overnight.
- Day 13: Lobuche - Dzongla [4830m/15,850 ft]: 3 - 4 hrs
- Today we start our trek without any rush. This is the shortest trekking day. Today we trek from Lobuche all the way to Dzongla trekking for 3-4hours. The path to Dzongla branches off from the main trail some distance from Lobuche. After crossing a stream we come through a fork and later curving round to the wide gravelly river bed of the stream. As it flows southwestward, the trail runs across it and climbs the ridge ahead. Following the trail and enjoying the scenic beauty all around us we trek all the way to Dzongla. Enjoy evening dinner at hotel and rest overnight.
- Day 14: Dzongla - ChoLa [5368m/17,611 ft] -Thangnak [4680m/15,350 ft] - Gokyo [4800m/15,580 ft]: 7 - 8 hrs
- Today early in the morning we trek from Dzongla crossing Cho La pass via Thangnak all the way to Gokyo. We will be greeted by the gripping sight of Cholatse ominous over. Today is going to be one of the toughest days of our trip. The walk begins as we crossways through a spur extending westward from Dzongla. The path descends to a basin across which meanders a murmuring stream coated with ice at places. Following the scenic and adventurous trekking trail and enjoying the sightseeing and cultural experience from the inhabitants we reach to Gokyo. At evening enjoy dinner and rest overnight.
- Day 15: Rest day in Gokyo - Gokyo Ri [5357m/17,575 ft]: 3 - 4 hrs
- Rest and acclimatization day at Gokyo. After breakfast we go to explore the sightseeing sites and lakes around gokyo valley. This fascinating place is blessed with beautiful lakes and highest pass that offers you an astonishing view of mighty Himalayas. Gokyo is famous for its six charming lakes and grand sightseeing site gokyo Ri. We visit the HOLY and sightseeing places and return back to lodge. Enjoy evening inner and rest overnight.
- Day 16: Gokyo - Renjo La [5360m/17585 ft] - Marlung [4210m/13,810 ft]: 7 - 8 hrs
- Today early in the morning after viewing the sunrise from the gokyo Ri we trek all the way from gokyo crossing Renjo La pass to Marlung. We trek for 7-8hours into the adventurous and rough trekking trail. Down from the Gokyo Valley, we leave the main trail and turn to Renjo La trail by Dudh Pokhari. After about 3 hours, we gain the Renjo La where a dazzling vista awaits. The Everest itself, Lhotse, Cholatse and Taboche can be seen shining in the sun. We trek for hours to get to Marlung at the east bank of Bhote Koshi. Enjoy evening dinner and rest overnight.
- Day 17: Marlung - Namche Bazzar: 5 - 6 hrs
- Following the trail today we trek from Marlung all the way to Namche Bazaar. We trek descending from the Everest trekking trail after visualizing some of the most scenic natural calamities and wilderness flourished with natural and cultural beauty. Enjoy evening exploring at the market of Namche Bazaar. Enjoy evening delicious dinner and rest overnight.
- Day 18: Namche Bazzar - Lukla: 6 - 8 hrs
- Today after breakfast we descend through the same root we trekked all the way from Namche bazaar to lukla. Lukla the most scenic hilly village consisting of the most adventurous and dangerous airport of Nepal. Explore around at lukla and visit lukla airstrip. Enjoy evening dinner and rest overnight.
- Day 19: Lukla - Kathmandu: 40 min flight
- Today we fly a scenic flight from lukla airstrip all the way to Kathmandu valley. Enjoy the exotic flight and resemble the memories and visual you have visualized throughout the trek. Explore around Kathmandu valley or rest overnight.
- Day 20: Final Departure
- Hope you enjoyed the journey within the mountains of Nepal! Enjoy your memories and photographs and an experience of a life time. Today we assist you to airport for your departure. Farewell!!
- from airport to hotel and hotel to airport transfer by private vehicle
- Three nights’ accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu with Buffest breakfast
- Welcome or farewell dinners (depend up to your arrival and departure time)
- Kathmandu Lukla kathmandu domestic flight ticket with all applicable taxes and departure tax with 15KG luggage.
- Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu flight ticket for Guide and Nepali crews while applicable
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and High Altitude trekking local Sherpa porters to carry your luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter maximum weight 20 kg) including their allowance wages ,salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging expenses during a trek
- Full board meals BLD ( breakfast, lunch, and Dinner) during the trek as per available food menu in tea houses/Lodges
- Three times a cup of tea or coffee during the trek
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during trek on twin sharing basic (will provide single bedroom where ever available if you traveling solo travelers)
- Down jacket and trekking Equipment for local Staff
- Sagarmatha National Park (Everest national park )Permit Fee
- TIMS card Permit (Trekkers Information Management System) for responsible tourism and porter protects
- Basic group medical supplies for normal health problem and injured (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Medical and health insurance for local crew members
- All government and local taxes (25% income tax and 13% Vat )
- Nepal Visa fee USD25 for 15 days, USD40 for 30 days or if extending your stay USD100 for 90 days. All are multiple entries. You will also need a passport photo. The visa fee can be paid in US Dollars, Pounds Sterling or Euros. (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International flight ticket to arrive in Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges( 15kg allowed ok Kathmandu Lukla flight ) 1kg = $1 USD
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu if early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses ( Telephone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Extra Tea coffee, Snacks, energy chocolates ETC
- Personal travel and medical insurance and medicine if you using any regular medicine
- Helicopter evacuation and emergency rescue
- Tips for guides and porters
- Any other items which is not in include section