Everest Base Camp Trekking Sleeping Bags
“Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night” as William Blake said this is simple activities we will do during our trekking in Everest base camp, Chola pass, Gokyo and Renjola pass trekking. “Sleep is the best meditation”. Dalai Lama said many years before as well so during trekking sleeping is must necessary and needful and for well sleep we need warm sleeping material as well so sleeping bag is most important gear for this trip, there are many company offer sleeping bag we suggest few company only sale original sleeping bag like Our recommendations are the Marmot Trestles, North Face Snow Leopard or the Mountain Hardware Lamina
Everest Base camp trek route all Tea house and Lodge will provide you blanket and mattress but in season time like Feb to May end and Sep to Nov there are so many trekkers and not enough as well so sleeping bags are highly recommended. You can hire a best sleeping bag in Thamel Kathmandu there are many trekking gear shop which cost around $ 1.50-2 USD per night per sleeping bags, there are some cheaper rental also available but not warm and clean.
Liner also recommended for this trip which help you sleep well and warm which is not heavy and costly as well, If you rent instead of purchasing a sleeping bag, a liner will give you a clean environment in which to rest. Any mummy shaped liner, have a enough space.
Ear plugs are a good idea if you are a light sleeper and hate the snoring of fellow adventurers! So please be prepare for Everest base camp trekking with enough sleeping material, because if you have not enough sleep you can suffer from AMS (altitude mountain Sickness as well.
Here are complete trekking gear list as well for your reference
- Warm jacket – down jacket, if possible.
- Water and windproof jacket (alternatively bring a poncho or umbrella)
- Long sleeved synthetic fleece (windproof material, if possible)
- Thermal underwear
- Hat, pair of gloves and scarf
- Comfortable hiking trousers (loose fitting)
- Shorts and trousers, or skirt
- 2 pairs of warm wool-blend socks
- 2 pairs of running socks or liner socks
- Proper hiking boots
- Running shoes and flip-flops
- 2-3 t-shirts
During winter season, additional clothings may include:
- The outer jacket should be warm, down jacket is highly recommended during winter season
- Bring a pair of warm winter trousers, in addition to the hiking trousers
- Bring at least one windproof layer of clothes, helping to reduce any chill factor influence.
- Snow gaitors
Equipment’s and Accessories
- Snow glasses and sunglasses
- Trekking Sticks.
- Duffle bag or kit bag to carry to gear while trekking.
- 2-4 plastics bags 2-4 large plastic bags to separate clean clothes from dirty ones. 6-10 smaller plastic bags to dispose garbage.
- Daypack bag to carry your personal requirements.
- Water Bottle, water purifying tablets
- Toilet articles and towels, Toilet paper
- Umbrella (optional)
- Headlamp, Torch, Candles
- Matches / Lighters
- Binocular, Camera, trekking map and compass, pillow, knife, passport photograph, reading materials, pencil, rubber, pen and notebook, lip guard
- Toilet papers.