Everest Base Camp Trekking
Everest base camp trek is very popular trek in Nepal due to the world's highest mountain Mount Everest is standing on it. The trek has number of stunning attractions, the trek
Everest Base Camp trek is very popular trek in Nepal due to the world’s highest mountain Mount Everest is standing on it. The trek has number of stunning attractions, the trek gets you right into the high altitude heart of the high Himalaya, unique Sherpa villages and old age gompas(monasteries). Interaction with local Sherpa people of this Everest(Solu Khumbu) region make trekking more joyful.
This trek can be started from Shivalaya or Jiri or from Kathmandu to Lukla flight and trek. Fly to Lukla and starting a trek is popular trekking route than the driving to Jiri from Kathmandu and starting trek from there. If you have time, one way to beat the crowds is to walk in from Shivalaya or Jiri and fly out from Lukla to Kathmandu also. While you will on trek be sure to schedule acclimatization days at Namche and Pheriche to avoid altitude sickness.
The trek reaches a high point of 5545m Kalapathar, a small peak offering superb views of Mount Everest and other Himalayas. You can schedule your trekking plan yourself considering your time available. You will visit Namche Bazaar, Thame, Khumjung and Tengboche Monastery during your trek. You will encounter with panoramic views of Ama Dabla, Pumori, Lhotse, Nuptse and beautiful Gokyo lake and Gokyo valley.
- Day 01 : / Arrival in Kathmandu
- Meet at Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel
- Day 02 : / Sight-seeing of Kathmandu:
- Full days sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Return to the hotel.
- Day 03 :
- Flight from KTM to Lukla. Trek to Phakding (2,652m).
- Day 04 : / Phakding to Namche (3,440m)-
- Beginning with a slight climb to Jhorsalle, the trail passes a waterfall. All day, we pass villages interspersed with magnificent forest- rhododendron, magniolia trees and giant firs. And on the way to walking you will be rewarded (weather permitting) your first glimpse of Kusum Kanggru (6369m) Thamserku (6608m) Everest (8848m) and Nuptse (7879 m). A steep climb up to the beautiful village of Namche bazaar (3440m).
- Day 05 : / Acclimatization day in Namche.
- Acclimatization is most important before proceeding to a higher elevation. It is therefore recommended that you take a short days hike to Thame, Khunde or Khumjung or relax and explore the sherpa culture of Namche.
- Day 06 : / Namche to Tengboche (3,867m):
- after walking one hour you arrive in phungithanga from there the trail climbs through forests where you can spot musk deer. Tengboche sits on a saddle at 3870m in a clearing surrounded by dwarf fires and rododendroms. Kwongde (6187m) Tawache(6542m) Everest (8848m) Nuptse (7855m) Lhotse (8618m) Amadablam (6856m) Thamserku (6608m) provide and inspiring panorama of Himalayan giants. We visit the Bhuddist Monastry at Tengboche, the largest in Khumbu region.
- Day 07 : / Tengboche to Pheriche:
- Beyond Tengboche the altitude really starts to tell. The trail droops down to Dingboche, crosses the Imja Khola and climbs past superb mani stones ( carved with the Tibetan Buddhist chant om mani padme hum) to Pangboche at 3860m The gompa here is worth visiting. Then the trail start climbs to Pheriche 4240m. Where there is a medical facility, which gives lectures everyday on Altitude Sickness.
- Day 08 : / Another acclimatization day,
- Again walking up and then coming back down is better than just resting in high altitude, you can make a day trip to Nangkartshang Gompa or up the hil to lok down onto Dingboche, Either walk offers good views.
- Day 09 :
- Pheriche to Lobuche - The trail climbs to Phalang karpo at 4340m then Duglha at 4620m,From Dughla the trail ascends the broad, gently slopping valley and climb steeply in to the terminal moraine of the Khumbu glacier then left in to the memorial area Chukpilhara, before reaching the Lobuche at 4930m
- Day 10 : / Lobuche to Gorakshep.
- The trail from Lobuche follows the grassy ablation valley with great views of Pumori then crosses tributary glaciers to reach the dry lake bed of Gokrakchep. Stop for lunch then climb Kalapattar to get the best views of Everest and the surrounding mountains, then and back to Gorakshep for the evening.
- Day 11 : / Gorekshep to Everest Base Camp back to Lobuche - Early morning we walk to Everest Base Camp
- Gorekshep to Everest Base Camp back to Lobuche - Early morning we walk to Everest Base Camp , visit base camp area and work down to Lobuche.
- Day 12 :
- Lobuche to Dingboche - Staying the night at Dingboche, makes an interesting accommodation alternative.
- Day 13 :
- Dingboche-Tengboche Trek down from Dingboche to Tengboche ,stay overnight at hotel in Tenboche .
- Day 14 :
- Tenboche to Namche
- Day 15 :
- Namche-Lukla, hotel
- Day 16 :
- Flight from Lukla - KTM, transfer to hotel
- Day 17 :
- Kathmandu free day, evening we serve with culture show overnight at Hotel.
- Day 18 :
- Final departure, transfer to airport
|Lunch/Dinner||$10||Per meal in Kathmandu & Pokhara|
|Flight Ticket||$150||Kathmandu – Pokhara|
|Local Guide||$25||Per day|
- from airport to hotel and hotel to airport transfer by private vehicle
- Three nights’ accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu with Buffest breakfast
- Welcome or farewell dinners (depend up to your arrival and departure time)
- Kathmandu Lukla kathmandu domestic flight ticket with all applicable taxes and departure tax with 15KG luggage.
- Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu flight ticket for Guide and Nepali crews while applicable
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and High Altitude trekking local Sherpa porters to carry your luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter maximum weight 20 kg) including their allowance wages ,salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging expenses during a trek
- Full board meals BLD ( breakfast, lunch, and Dinner) during the trek as per available food menu in tea houses/Lodges
- Three times a cup of tea or coffee during the trek
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during trek on twin sharing basic (will provide single bedroom where ever available if you traveling solo travelers)
- Down jacket and trekking Equipment for local Staff
- Sagarmatha National Park (Everest national park )Permit Fee
- TIMS card Permit (Trekkers Information Management System) for responsible tourism and porter protects
- Medical and health insurance for local crew members
- All government and local taxes (25% income tax and 13% Vat )
- Nepal Visa fee USD25 for 15 days, USD40 for 30 days or if extending your stay USD100 for 90 days. All are multiple entries. You will also need a passport photo. The visa fee can be paid in US Dollars, Pounds Sterling or Euros. (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International flight ticket to arrive in Kathmandu Excess baggage charges( 15kg allowed ok Kathmandu Lukla flight ) 1kg = $1 USD
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu if early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses ( Telephone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Extra Tea coffee, Snacks, energy chocolates ETC
- Personal travel and medical insurance and medicine if you using any regular medicine
- Helicopter evacuation and emergency rescue
- Tips for guides and porters