Everest View Trek
Everest view trek is one of the best and favorable treks for those who seek to enjoy the classic view of Mt Everest and others mighty peak of khumbu region. In this trek trekkers
Everest view trek is one of the best and favorable treks for those who seek to enjoy the classic view of Mt Everest and others mighty peak of khumbu region. In this trek trekkers can enjoy the combination of cultural, spiritual and natural beauty of the Everest region of Nepal. The friendly Sherpa people, picturesque villages, great variety of cultures and traditions, colorful festivals and monasteries of this region provide the life time memory to the visitors. Everest view trek is a famous trek into the famous Everest region with fascinating beauty of culture and nature to offer.
Everest view trek starts with a scenic flight from Kathmandu to lukla. From lukla we trek the adventurous trekking trail of Everest. Following the upward and downward trekking trail and passing some of the most scenic laces, cultural villages and rivers. Nepal is known as the country of Mt. Everest and every one may have such desire to see this highest mountain in the world. This trekking is not only popular for highest mountain. This trek also provides the warm hospitality of Sherpa people, so one can experience Sherpa culture, way of living style, visit monasteries, wild animals and enjoy the mountain views of snow capped peaks. Following the trail of Everest region and passing via villages like Namche Bazaar, Phakding, Lobuche and more this adventurous trek is worth commencing for.
Destination: Everest view trek
Activities: Trekking and Hiking
Trip Duration: 12 Days
Trip Grade: Easy
Altitude: Max: 3,870m/12694ft
Accommodation: star rated hotel in Kathmandu and tea house accommodation throughout the trek
Meals: Bb in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek
Transportation: We will be escorted in private car or van and served by aeroplane.
Group Size: Min 2 people; Max 12 people
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu [1,350m/4,428ft]
- Upon our arrival in the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu, we will be greeted by a representative from Actual adventure who will drop us off at our hotel. Freshen up and then explore around. We offer you a tour to our office and then enjoy your welcoming programs at the hotel. Rest overnight.
- Day 02: Kathmandu City Tour: Trip Preparation Day
- Today after breakfast we start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu. Some of these landmarks are considered World Heritage Sites; including the historic Durbar Square, the sacred Hindu temple of Pashupati Nath, the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambhunath) and Buddhists shrine (BouddhaNath) which is one of the large Stupas in the world. After the city tour prepare for the trek and rest overnight.
- Day 03: Kathmandu - Lukla - Phakding [2,652m/8,700ft]: 3 - 4 hrs trek (walking time only)
- Today we fly a scenic flight from Kathmandu to lukla (280m), a gateway destination from where our trek begins. After an adventurous 40 minute flight above the breathtaking green and white mountains, we reach the Tenzing-Hillary Airport at Lukla. This is one of the most beautiful air routes in the world culminating in a dramatic landing on a hillside surrounded by high mountains peaks. Our trek begins from lukla. Passing the beautiful villages from lukla we reach to Phakding. Overnight at Phakding
- Day 04: Phakding - Namche Bazaar [3440 m/11,280 ft]: 5 - 6 hrs trek
- Today we walk through some of the most scenic and beautiful natural wilderness. The track leads us along the Dudh Koshi River through many suspension bridges, one of which is the famous Hillary Suspension Bridge. We pass through the last village of Jorsale before reaching Namche Bazaar. The trail climbs through the forests and bridges until we reach the confluence of the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers. Namche Bazaar, a gateway to Mt. Everest and main trading centre of this region. We stay overnight in Namche Bazaar.
- Day 05: Namche Bazzar: Acclimatization Day
- Today we offer you a full day sightseeing and cultural exploration throughout the city. Namche Bazzar is the main centre of the Everest (Khumbu) region and has government offices, ATMs, Internet cafes, shops, restaurants, a bakery and a colorful market each Friday evening and Saturday. Our guides take us to the Tourist Visitor Center near the headquarter of the Sagarmatha National Park where we can observe an assortment of things related to the first Everest ascenders, Sherpa culture and learn about the various plant and animal life of the Everest region. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 06: Namche Bazaar - Khumjung [3810 m/12500 ft]: 4 hrs trek
- Today we trek from Namche all the way to Khumjung. At the start we climb up to the famous airstrip at Syangboche. We trek up for about 2 hours and then level off until we reach the Khumjung village. The Khumjung valley surrounded by the snowy peaks of Kondge and Thamserku and the sacred peak Khumbila, hosts a well known monastery that houses a yeti scalp. We also visit Hillary School which is at the same site. Another set of busy and colorful monasteries, lined with prayer flags and prayer wheels, are braced along the slopes high above this traditional village. Overnight hotel.
- Day 07: Khumjung - Tengboche [3,870m/12694ft]: 4 - 5 hrs trek
- Today we walk through the beautiful natural wilderness offering the scenic Himalaya view and many more natural and cultural beauty. We take a walk drop down to Dudhkoshi River passing through little villages on the way. The trails involve down with forest and across riverside for the lunch and we take a final ascent step up for 2 hours through pine and fir forest to reach a small hill Tyangboche. The photogenic views from here are considered to be the world's most splendid one. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse (8501m), Kwangde (6187m), Tawachee (6542m), Ama Dablan, Kantega and Thamserku provide an inspiring views of Himalayan giants. Tengboche also boasts famous Tengboche Monastery. Over night at hotel.
- Day 08: Tengboche to Kyangjuma (3,570m/11,710ft): 4 - 5 hrs
- Today our trek starts from Tengboche all the way to Kyangjuma. From Tengboche, a steep descent of about 1500ft/500m leads through rhododendron bushes and fir trees to the Dudh Koshi River. We cross the first bridge over Dudh Koshi on our return trip at Phunki Tenga. Further we pass the village of Tashinga and Sansa before finally reaching beautiful village of Kayangjuma. Overnight at Kayangjuma.
- Day 09: Kyangjuma to Monjo [2,840m/9,315ft]: 4 - 5 hrs
- Today we trek down from Kyangjuma all the way to Monjo. We lookout for wildlife such as mountain goats, snow leopards, colorful pheasants etc. A steep descent from Namche Hill leads to the suspension bridge crossing the Dudh Koshi River near the confluence of the Dhudh Koshi and the Bhote Koshi Rivers. We cross the Dudh Koshi River twice at separate locations before reaching Monjo. Monjo is comparatively a quieter place to stay than Namche and it also means our porters have a less strenuous walk back to Lukla next day. Overnight at Monjo.
- Day 10: Trek to Lukla: 4 - 5 hrs trek
- Today we trek from Monj all the way to the airstrip of lukla. We crack a mixture of open plains, rhododendron and pine forests, and in the distance snow covered peaks. We re-experience the Sherpa villages' impressive faith in Buddhism and culture of prayer stones and prayers flag while we walk through the villages. Upon arrival in Lukla, we have plenty of time to relax, stretch those sore legs, and recall the experiences of the last couple of days. Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 11: Lukla – Kathmandu
- Today early morning flight from lukla to Kathmandu. . After reaching Kathmandu we have the rest of the day off to rest or do some souvenir shopping. Enjoy the farewell dinner at our hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu.
- Day 12: Farewell Friend
- Hope you enjoyed the fascinating Everest view trek. There is nothing to do but we just trade emails to travel companions and organize our photos. If we have more time we can do some shopping or sightseeing. At last approximately 3 hours before our scheduled flight, a representative from actual adventure will escorts you to the airport. Farewell!!
- All airport taxes and hotel transfers charge.
- 2 nights in a 4-star hotel in Kathmandu with Bb facility.
- Standard lodges/teahouses accommodation during the trek.
- Welcome and farewell dinners.
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- Domestic flights and airport departure taxes
- An experienced English-speaking trek guide, Potter charge, trekking equipment charge.
- All necessary paper work and permits fee.
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee
- All international airfare.
- Excess luggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu rather than itinerary schedule.
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses , gifts, tips etc