Everest Base Camp Trek in May is popular among trekkers as it is the best time to trek to Everest Base Camp. The month of May gives an end to spring and welcomes monsoon in Nepal. May is also considered as the best season to climb Mount Everest. You can also have the chances of meeting with the people going to the top of world. isn’t that interesting?
By May the flowers and trees are perfectly blossomed which gives the best trekking vibes to flora lovers. The lush green valleys, clear skies, phenomenal views of the sky scarping peak, and warm comfortable trials makes this month a season for trekking to Everest Base Camp.
The days are longer during May and it is a benefit for the trekkers .You can walk comfortably with no rush and enjoy the views to the fullest. On the other hand the trials are full of fellow trekkers . So,there is very less chance of getting bored if you are an extrovert.
Temperature of Everest Base Camp During May
The temperature in the Everest Base Camp Trek in May is normally mild and favorable for trekking. It is 17°c during day which can increase up to 25°c and the temperature can decrease up to -15°c in the morning and evening above an altitude of 4000 meters. Because the temperature is mild you need not to bring extra amount of warm clothes. It decreases the weight of your luggage.
Since the weather is clear there is very less chance of Lukla flight being cancelled. Whereas in other seasons there is often delay in flights and sometimes it gets cancelled. If you are willing to trek to Everest Base camp in May a wonderful trekking experience is waiting for you for sure.
Hurry up and start making the plans to book the package. It is because during this season the flight to lukla is super busy. It is very hard to get the flight on a short notice.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek in May
The main highlights of the Everest Base Camp trek can be listed below
- Trekking to the footstep of the world’s highest Mount Everest (5380 m)
- Short adventurous mountain flight to and from Kathmandu to Lukla
- Clear blue skies most of the times with beautiful sunrise and sunset view of the Himalayan vista
- Namche Bazaar (3450m), gateway to Mount Everest and world’s highest trade market
- Tengboche Monastery (3867m)
- Gorak Shep (5164m)
- The highest point of the trek, Kala Patthar (5545m)
- View of the majestic mountains like Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Cho Oyu, and other surrounding mountain peaks.
- Khumbu Glacier, largest glacier of Nepal.
- Experience a unique culture, tradition, settlement and hospitality of Sherpa or Tibetan culture.
Recommended Everest Region Treks for May
Everest Base Camp trek is very popular trek in Nepal due to the world’s highest mountain Mount Everest is standing on it. The trek has number of stunning attractions, the trek gets you right into the high altitude heart of the high Himalaya, unique Sherpa villages and old age gompas(monasteries). Interaction with local Sherpa people of this Everest(Solu Khumbu) region make trekking more joyful.
How cold is Everest Base Camp in May?
In this month, temperatures drop down below freezing point especially at night in Everest Base Camp area. The temperature in Everest Base Camp area in December range between 4°C in the daytime to -14°C at night.